Who Qualifies For Funding
- Monetary aid is given for travel and accommodation for medical treatment, and covers that which is not supplied by other groups or agencies.
- Support is given to families of children who need to travel out of the area due to illness or an accident before their 19th birthday.
- The families being supported must live within the area: North to South - Meadow Creek/Argenta, Hwy 31 to Nelway; East to West - Balfour to Playmor junction, South Slocan, and everywhere in between. Also, children living outside these exact boundaries, but registered with a School District #8, may be considered.
- A signed application must be completed and submitted to the foundation. Applications may be submitted by email, text, or mail.
- Except under extraneous circumstances, applications received 6 months after the child’s medical treatment will not be considered.
How To Apply
- Complete application form (paper copies available at 518 Lake St., Nelson).
- Submit form by scan/email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or box-drop at:
Note: NFOF only has a mailbox, not an office space.
- After applying, please call if you haven’t been contacted within a few days.
- Your application will be processed by the Board of Directors as soon as it is received.
- You will be contacted by the administrator within a few days to advise you of the status of your application and our support.
- Upon approval, arrangements will be made to get the funds to you. Direct e-transfers may be arranged.